Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne Lyons: Top 14
Fort Lauderdale Dillard High School DB Wayne Lyons says he's narrowed down his list of favorites.

But, for Lyons, "narrowed down" is a relative term.

"I've narrowed it down to a top 14," Lyons said. "It was by the interest level I have in the schools, are they schools I'll still consider."

Lyons has the 14 listed in alphabetical order tacked to a board in his house.

The lucky 14? He rattles them off by looking at the board.

"Miami, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, UCLA, Stanford, USF, South Carolina, Mississippi, Notre Dame and Vanderbilt," he says. "They're all pretty even. I've seen most of the schools already."

The ones he hasn't seen: Auburn, Nebraska and UCLA.

"I'm not sure how I'll visit there - it could be official or unofficial," Lyons said.

He also says he may get to Miami soon - "probably for a practice," he says.

Lyons lists 50 total scholarship offers. He says the next step in his recruitment is cutting his list to a more manageable five schools.

"I want to do that during the season when I decide what visits I want to go on," he said.

Asked if Miami will be in there, he says, "I'm not sure."

What's most important to him in a college?

"Just the feeling I get - the environment," Lyons said. "That's most important. And the chance for playing time - that's not a huge factor, but I don't want my position to be stacked."

* Lyons says he's "really cool with" current Canes Brandon McGee and Keion Payne.

"They tell me it's a good place to be, they like it a lot there," Lyons said.
We are still after Lyons, but I have no confidence in us having any kind of shot with him.

His major puts us behind the 8-ball to begin with.

I would love to have him, but I wish him the best at UF, ND or any place he ends up. He is a class act.