Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sammy Watkins: I'll probably visit this weekend or next
Several weeks ago the No. 1 wide receiver recruit in Florida was in Clemson for three days participating in the Dabo Swinney Camp .

Sammy Watkins , regarded as the nation's No. 4 athlete by Rivals.com , came back to Tiger Town from Thursday through Saturday morning with both of his parents to see more.

"Those were some great days," Watkins told Tigerillustrated.com Saturday evening. "On Thursday we just ate and I hung out with Tajh ( Boyd ) and we went to a party and chilled. I hung out with Bryce ( McNeal ) too. Those are some cool guys. We had a good time. Then I went back to campus the next morning.

"On Friday we ate, took a tour, talked with the coaches and then I hung out again with Tajh. We just chilled out."

What were the returns from his parents?

"They both like the environment," the Fort Meyers (FL) South Fort Meyers standout stated. "They like the coaches and the players. They like how the coaches are down-to-earth. They did all the stuff I did - academics, tour, and talked with the school's counselor."

Offensive guards and centers coach Brad Scott recruits southwest Florida for the Tigers.

"He just let me have fun," the Rivals100 member said. "He didn't want to bore me and he just let me hang with the boys."

Wide receivers coach Jeff Scott , Clemson's recruiting coordinator, and head coach Dabo Swinney also worked the blue-chip prospect while he was back in town.

"They told me they weren't going to rush me and made me feel comfortable," said the 6-foot-1, 180-pounder. "Coach Swinney told me about the school, about his coaching career and how he grew up. He's been through a lot."

What stood out the most?

"Cooling with the teammates and seeing the things they do before and after practice," said Watkins. "They just crack jokes and hang out. I got to see how they act."

How does Watkins feel about Clemson now?

"I have really high expectations," he said. "I really like them. But I've got to find out more about other places, too."

Who leads now?

"I don't know yet," noted the No. 10-rated prospect in Florida. "I really like Clemson, but I have to see about other places and consider them, too.

"I wouldn't say anyone is the leader right now. I don't have one. I have high interest in Miami, Florida, Clemson, Michigan, Tennessee, Alabama and a few others."

What's his plan going forward?

"I'll probably visit Miami and Gainesville this weekend or next. I'm going to take some official visits during the season to Clemson, Miami, Florida, Alabama and probably Tennessee. I'm not sure though.

"I want to announce at the (US Army) All-American game but things might change."

As a junior, Watkins had 46 catches for 1,192 yards, for a 25.9 yards per catch average, and 14 touchdowns, earning First Team All State honors in AAA.

UPGRADE

Miami NEWS
[More]

Latest Headlines:

The Playmaker connects with Shannon

DT will take Cane visit Aug. 7

DB will be in Coral Gables

Figueroa ready to handle job at RT

Spence focusing on one game at a time

Resources:

Commitments

The Ticker